Terms & Conditions
The Warren Centre for Advanced Engineering is committed to observing the 12 Information Protection Principles as set out in the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Act 1998.
To assist in complying with the Principles, the Centre is required to inform you of your rights in relation to the personal information that it holds about you and its use.
The Warren Centre’s prime objective is to help create wealth from new technology. The Centre maintains personal information so that it can provide you with information related to the activities, events or projects of interest to you that relate to that overall objective.
Should you wish to know what details we hold about you or should you believe that your personal contact details are inaccurate, need updating, or if you would like to be removed from the database, please contact the Centre so that action can be taken.
The Warren Centre database is kept electronically. Information stored on our computer network is protected against misuse and unauthorised access by the system design, security access policies and procedures.
Disclosure of Personal Information
From time to time The Warren Centre uses its database in conjunction with 3rd parties to help fund the Centre’s activities, however it only does so where the objectives of that use are completely congruent with the Centre’s aims and objectives. Should you wish not to participate in such activities please let us know.
Collection of Personal Information
The Warren Centre obtains personal information (your name, contact details and details of activities, events and projects in which you may have an interest) when:
- You attend or participate in any Warren Centre function, event or project
- You express an interest in the Centre’s activities
- Your organisation appears relevant to a Warren Centre activity, event or project and the information is readily available.
- It is necessary for one or more of its activities
- It is collected lawfully and by fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner
- It is collected from the individual to whom the information relates, or where information about an individual is collected from someone else, reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that the individual is made aware that this is being done.
The Warren Centre will only collect information if:
If you have an inquiry about your privacy rights, please refer to the Privacy page on the University website.This website is a project of the Warren Centre and has been created to provide an introduction to the profession of engineering. As such its purpose is to provide information only, and not to offer advice, guidance, assurances or recommendations to individuals or organisations.